Listen to the podcast by clicking here!
In this episode, Kate talks about how she used an America Adapts episode, “Deconstructing a Climate Change Skeptic” as part of her class curricula at the University of Waterloo. Specifically, in this interview, “Kate discusses why she chose this episode to use a tool to teach her students effective climate communication.”
Kate touches on the following topics in her interview:
- Using podcasts in the classroom to promote environmental change;
- Learning that climate skepticism is more prevalent than many realize;
- Developing guidelines for listening to a podcast and talking climate change;
- Understanding the role of open access educational materials, especially climate resources;
- Students explain how listening to a climate skeptic enhanced their ability to communicate climate change.